Wednesday, July 27, 2005
My ex-collegue gave me a ride last saturday. It was a pretty long one from serangoon to holland. So we managed some small talk that went somewhat like that.
Ms Nelly: "The weather's really bad." (it was raining) "London's weather's like that too.."
Me: "Yah, I've heard. My friend's in England now."
Ms Nelly:" Oh really? Have you been to England? I've been there many times"
Me:" No"
Ms Nelly: .......... talks about England......... "My sister is there. She married an ang moh."
Me :" Ok"
(she talks more about her visits there. Somehow the conversation led to me being a christian)
Ms Nelly:" I'm a christian too.. I'm catholic." (i think: hmm... ok..) "so do you serve in church?"
Me: "Yes, in the youth fellowship. And sort of in the thai ministry"
(we talk a little on the thai ministry and serving )
Ms Nelly:' So do you have a boyfriend?"
Me:" No."
Ms Nelly:" How come? You're serving in church. There must be a lot of guys there."
(I'm thinking. Ok, what's e connection?)
Me:" No lah. I'm serving n the youth ministry. They're all too young."
Ms Nelly:" I'm not married you know."
Me: "Oh.."
Ms Nelly:" anyway. I wanted to buy a blue skirt. But the weather's so bad. I need it for a school reunion. Saint Andrew's Pre-University. Class of '76."
Me:" Oh I was from Saint Andrew's too! SAJC"
(talk about St Andrew's)
Ms Nally:" I was from St Margeret's. St Marks, St Andrew's"
Me: Oh, I was from a girl's school too! Crescent!"
(we talk a bit more.)
Ms Nelly:" How many siblings do you have?"
Me:" I have 2 sisters"
Ms Nelly:" Me too! Are they both younger?"
Me:" No. I'm the middle child."
Ms Nelly:" Me too!"
then my mind started to churn.
Both middle childs.
With secondary girl's school education.
Once a saint, always a saint.
Love to travel.
Both christians. (we shall not debate on that now)
What if one day, i end up like her.
Driving my young collegue home.
Telling her that in my late-50s, I'm still single.
Its pathetic that I thought of this.
though this incident still hasn't got me looking.
I'm still waiting for God's timing.
But still..
if i become her..
wouldn't it be sad?
Wednesday, July 27, 2005
My ex-collegue gave me a ride last saturday. It was a pretty long one from serangoon to holland. So we managed some small talk that went somewhat like that.
Ms Nelly: "The weather's really bad." (it was raining) "London's weather's like that too.."
Me: "Yah, I've heard. My friend's in England now."
Ms Nelly:" Oh really? Have you been to England? I've been there many times"
Me:" No"
Ms Nelly: .......... talks about England......... "My sister is there. She married an ang moh."
Me :" Ok"
(she talks more about her visits there. Somehow the conversation led to me being a christian)
Ms Nelly:" I'm a christian too.. I'm catholic." (i think: hmm... ok..) "so do you serve in church?"
Me: "Yes, in the youth fellowship. And sort of in the thai ministry"
(we talk a little on the thai ministry and serving )
Ms Nelly:' So do you have a boyfriend?"
Me:" No."
Ms Nelly:" How come? You're serving in church. There must be a lot of guys there."
(I'm thinking. Ok, what's e connection?)
Me:" No lah. I'm serving n the youth ministry. They're all too young."
Ms Nelly:" I'm not married you know."
Me: "Oh.."
Ms Nelly:" anyway. I wanted to buy a blue skirt. But the weather's so bad. I need it for a school reunion. Saint Andrew's Pre-University. Class of '76."
Me:" Oh I was from Saint Andrew's too! SAJC"
(talk about St Andrew's)
Ms Nally:" I was from St Margeret's. St Marks, St Andrew's"
Me: Oh, I was from a girl's school too! Crescent!"
(we talk a bit more.)
Ms Nelly:" How many siblings do you have?"
Me:" I have 2 sisters"
Ms Nelly:" Me too! Are they both younger?"
Me:" No. I'm the middle child."
Ms Nelly:" Me too!"
then my mind started to churn.
Both middle childs.
With secondary girl's school education.
Once a saint, always a saint.
Love to travel.
Both christians. (we shall not debate on that now)
What if one day, i end up like her.
Driving my young collegue home.
Telling her that in my late-50s, I'm still single.
Its pathetic that I thought of this.
though this incident still hasn't got me looking.
I'm still waiting for God's timing.
But still..
if i become her..
wouldn't it be sad?