<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9870823?origin\x3dhttp://throughrosetintedglasses.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
profile
entries
tagboard
links
Friday, April 14, 2006
♥ 12:00 AM

5 years ago, I got myself into a 2-year liability in the hope of building a better relationship with my sister. I thought helping to get her friend a line for her birthday would portray me as a good sister, supportive of her ideas in a birthday present for a friend. I thought I would be the 'cool' sister and maybe we would become closer and she'd open up more. I thought "It wouldn't be difficult to get the girl to pay for her bills anyway. They are good friends and classmates." And I know my good friends would never allow me to bear their debts.

I was so wrong.

A few months down the road, I began to get late payment bills, hounding me to pay for what I did not even use. Not only did I not get closer to my sister, I quarrelled with her when I found out that it wasn’t even her good friend I was getting into trouble for. It was just a classmate and she was just 'trying to help her other friends' when she asked me the favour. She didn’t even expect me to agree.

Anyway, the bills got paid eventually, and the line got cut. I was relieved that it was all finally over. UNTIL NOW…

I can't believe I just received a bill for an account that has been cancelled at least 2 years ago! I have NOT heard for this particular telecoms company in the past 2 years and suddenly I owe them money?? COME ON. Give me a break and tell me it’s over. I am POSITIVE that all liabilities had been paid of coz I haven't even heard from them for the past 2 years! Does this mean that all cell holders need to keep a copy of all their bills and proof-of-payment for 2-3 years past payment date to convince themselves and the telecoms company that they have paid their bills?

This is incredulous.

The consequences of teenage stupidity resonates till now...
and NO, I'm not blaming my sis. I was supposed to be the mature one, making the right decisions, so it ain't her fault. I was just dumb.

I don't need this now.