Monday, June 19, 2006
This is gonna be a REAL LONG POST... :P
It has been a whirlwind break..
There was HongKong, Lock-in night, Mission trip then Church camp..
packed back-to-back..Its been crazy, but its been great! heh.. :P
First, though this is REAL dated..
..............HONGKONG................

Hongkong and its famous architecture.

The green tram! Oldest form of public transport in Hongkong..

The skyline of Hongkong in all its concrete glory.


At night too!

The quaint way of how the old and the new blend in so seamlessly.. (:

If you think HongKong is all about buildings, you are seriously mistaken.. The gorgeous South China Sea is just here!!



Repulse Bay, the Sentosa of Hongkong.


The real reason anyone should go to Ocean Park: The view!!

Our wonderful hosts! Thank you for being such wonderful company dears! :)
.............Lock-in Night 2006............
Honestly, the preparation for this year's lock-in night was a real challenge.. I wouldn’t have done it without Mich and Stan.. Planning a 3-hr game in one and a half weeks is no easy feat.. A game that are supposed to be exciting and challenging for teens.. I can’t count the number of sleepless nights or quantify the anxiety and the amount of stress I went through..
But ultimately, God showed me that He is in control..(once again) (: That He can expand what little we have. That all our worries are unnecessary in His work, for we give what we have, and He’d do the rest.. What an amazing privilege and how great to see it at work in lock-in night.. To God be the Glory!! :)
.........Thai Mission trip............
With just four hours of sleep from lock-in 2006, I was off to Thailand. Despite being so physically drained, this mission trip was a real refresher. It reminded me why I was teaching English in church every Sunday. It reminded me of why I have been wanting to go for Mission Trip for the past 2 years,
On the van travelling to our first destination I asked God to refresh me during this mission trip. I prayed with anticipation of what He’d show me, how He’d show Himself during this trip. And indeed, my anticipation was not in vain, for I saw and experienced great and amazing things!
If I were to write all the things He has showed me, I’d take forever, but these are the highlights:
One of the villages we visited had not seen rain in months, despite neighbouring villages receiving rainfall. The weather is scorching and so one of the church members requested that we pray for rain. And our amazing God granted that prayer right that very evening. Not only so, He provided with a light shower just before the children’s programme and stopped when the time for the programme came so that the village kids could come. Halfway through the programme, it rained again, only to stop once we ended so the kids could go home. How amazing is that? :)
Another village we visited was the same one I came to during my first mission trip. Then, there was only a preaching station and very few Christians in the village. Now, 4 years down the road, there is not only a church, but also a 30-strong congregation, including the kids I saw during my first trip, who have grown into teens and are still coming to church. God IS indeed working in Thailand! Indeed, a new generation of Thai Christians are being built up for His kingdom. (:
If anyone would ask me, “Why don’t I see God work in this way in Singapore?” I say you that its not that He doesn’t work in this way, coz he DOES!!! EVERYDAY!!! But when we are here, we are so absorbed in our daily routine, in our own lives that we do not see what He is doing. We take His works for granted. We do not ask, because we think we do not need, or we can do it on our own. Glory church started with 2 Scottish missionaries faithful following God’s call 130 years ago. Look what God has done!
On a personal level, this was also a trip where I learnt a lot more and grown a lot closer to the brothers and sisters-in-Christ on the mission team. It is awesome to serve God together in this way! (:
Then there was church camp. :)
This break though physically draining is just totally AWESOME!!!
Thai pics will come in soon! :P
Monday, June 19, 2006
This is gonna be a REAL LONG POST... :P
It has been a whirlwind break..
There was HongKong, Lock-in night, Mission trip then Church camp..
packed back-to-back..Its been crazy, but its been great! heh.. :P
First, though this is REAL dated..
..............HONGKONG................

Hongkong and its famous architecture.

The green tram! Oldest form of public transport in Hongkong..

The skyline of Hongkong in all its concrete glory.


At night too!

The quaint way of how the old and the new blend in so seamlessly.. (:

If you think HongKong is all about buildings, you are seriously mistaken.. The gorgeous South China Sea is just here!!



Repulse Bay, the Sentosa of Hongkong.


The real reason anyone should go to Ocean Park: The view!!

Our wonderful hosts! Thank you for being such wonderful company dears! :)
.............Lock-in Night 2006............
Honestly, the preparation for this year's lock-in night was a real challenge.. I wouldn’t have done it without Mich and Stan.. Planning a 3-hr game in one and a half weeks is no easy feat.. A game that are supposed to be exciting and challenging for teens.. I can’t count the number of sleepless nights or quantify the anxiety and the amount of stress I went through..
But ultimately, God showed me that He is in control..(once again) (: That He can expand what little we have. That all our worries are unnecessary in His work, for we give what we have, and He’d do the rest.. What an amazing privilege and how great to see it at work in lock-in night.. To God be the Glory!! :)
.........Thai Mission trip............
With just four hours of sleep from lock-in 2006, I was off to Thailand. Despite being so physically drained, this mission trip was a real refresher. It reminded me why I was teaching English in church every Sunday. It reminded me of why I have been wanting to go for Mission Trip for the past 2 years,
On the van travelling to our first destination I asked God to refresh me during this mission trip. I prayed with anticipation of what He’d show me, how He’d show Himself during this trip. And indeed, my anticipation was not in vain, for I saw and experienced great and amazing things!
If I were to write all the things He has showed me, I’d take forever, but these are the highlights:
One of the villages we visited had not seen rain in months, despite neighbouring villages receiving rainfall. The weather is scorching and so one of the church members requested that we pray for rain. And our amazing God granted that prayer right that very evening. Not only so, He provided with a light shower just before the children’s programme and stopped when the time for the programme came so that the village kids could come. Halfway through the programme, it rained again, only to stop once we ended so the kids could go home. How amazing is that? :)
Another village we visited was the same one I came to during my first mission trip. Then, there was only a preaching station and very few Christians in the village. Now, 4 years down the road, there is not only a church, but also a 30-strong congregation, including the kids I saw during my first trip, who have grown into teens and are still coming to church. God IS indeed working in Thailand! Indeed, a new generation of Thai Christians are being built up for His kingdom. (:
If anyone would ask me, “Why don’t I see God work in this way in Singapore?” I say you that its not that He doesn’t work in this way, coz he DOES!!! EVERYDAY!!! But when we are here, we are so absorbed in our daily routine, in our own lives that we do not see what He is doing. We take His works for granted. We do not ask, because we think we do not need, or we can do it on our own. Glory church started with 2 Scottish missionaries faithful following God’s call 130 years ago. Look what God has done!
On a personal level, this was also a trip where I learnt a lot more and grown a lot closer to the brothers and sisters-in-Christ on the mission team. It is awesome to serve God together in this way! (:
Then there was church camp. :)
This break though physically draining is just totally AWESOME!!!
Thai pics will come in soon! :P