Sunday, May 04, 2008
I'm getting increasingly frustrated with myself these days.
The way I react to things. I get emotional and worked up, its annoying.
But I usually can't see it till its over and I'm at home reflecting on what has happened.
and regreting.
And thinking i'm the pot calling the kettle black.
Luke 6:37-38"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." The measure, if used on myself, would fail me miserably.The bar is set so high.
At times, I feel its no point trying. Its unreachable.
Perfection. That has been attained by one man.
All I need is to take upon His perfection, His righteousness.
But that shouldn't be the end of the story should it? Should we not pursue to be likewise?
Yet I see myself falling flat on my face time and time again.
I need to be desperate. Desperate for the state of my humantiy.
Desperate for God. And thirst and hunger for righteousness.
Romans 3:10-18As it is written:"There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God. All have turned away, they have together become worthless;there is no one who does good, not even one.""Their throats are open graves; their tongues practice deceit.""The poison of vipers is on their lips.""Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.""Their feet are swift to shed blood; ruin and misery mark their ways, and the way of peace they do not know." "There is no fear of God before their eyes."
Sunday, May 04, 2008
I'm getting increasingly frustrated with myself these days.
The way I react to things. I get emotional and worked up, its annoying.
But I usually can't see it till its over and I'm at home reflecting on what has happened.
and regreting.
And thinking i'm the pot calling the kettle black.
Luke 6:37-38"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." The measure, if used on myself, would fail me miserably.The bar is set so high.
At times, I feel its no point trying. Its unreachable.
Perfection. That has been attained by one man.
All I need is to take upon His perfection, His righteousness.
But that shouldn't be the end of the story should it? Should we not pursue to be likewise?
Yet I see myself falling flat on my face time and time again.
I need to be desperate. Desperate for the state of my humantiy.
Desperate for God. And thirst and hunger for righteousness.
Romans 3:10-18As it is written:"There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God. All have turned away, they have together become worthless;there is no one who does good, not even one.""Their throats are open graves; their tongues practice deceit.""The poison of vipers is on their lips.""Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.""Their feet are swift to shed blood; ruin and misery mark their ways, and the way of peace they do not know." "There is no fear of God before their eyes."